You are invited to register to attend one of four upcoming learning opportunities occurring in Beckley, Charleston, Martinsburg, and Wheeling in September. The "Strengthening Families Made S-I-M-P-L-E!" ("Streamlined Implementation: Manageable, Practical, Logical & Energizing") Learning Opportunity
is your chance to learn more about the nationally growing Strengthening Families through Early Care and Education movement and how you can implement Strengthening Families in your early child development program.
The workshops are designed to benefit:
- Child Care Center & Facility Directors
- Family Child Care Providers
- Pre-K Program Leaders
- Starting Points Directors
- Birth to 3 Service Coordinators & Practitioners
- WV-Strengthening Families Grantee Leadership Teams
- Regional CCR&R Early Childhood Specialist & Behavior Consultants
- Regional Head Start Family Services Coordinators
- Programs Providing Care/Support to Families with Young Children
The goal is to equip early care & education leaders in WV to build "Circles of Caring" (Protective Factors) using national evidence-based Strengthening Families tools. National research shows that these factors are linked to reductions in child abuse and neglect by providing parents with what they need to parent effectively, even under stress.
Participants will receive training & CD-ROM toolkits to immediately begin making low-cost & no-cost changes to programs, and provide staff with everyday strategies to build Circles of Caring.
- Application has been submitted for WV STARS registration for 4 hours of STARS credit.
- Valuable educational resources will be given as Door Prizes.
- Lunch will be served.
SPACE LIMITED TO THE FIRST 40 INDIVIDUALS
TO REGISTER FOR EACH WORKSHOP!