WVSBHA's members are encouraged to join one of our teams. Teams establish their own project goals and work plans, and are always looking for new members. Teams include:
- Advocacy-The Advocacy Team monitors legislative actions at the national and state levels, coordinate with the West Virginia Primary Care Association's lobbyists about school-health advocacy issues, participate in relevant lobby days and convene the WVSBHA's Annual Roundtable.
- Communications- The Communications Team oversees the marketing and public relation strategies for WVSBHA. Members help promote both internal communications, between SBHCs and partners, and external communication, with both targeted demographics and general public.
- Minutes, May 8 meeting
- Data- The Data Team works with various partners and SBHCs to collect and present data, which will help advocates, stakeholders, health administrators, providers and legislators understand the positive impact that SBHCs have on schools, public health and their communities.
- Health and Medical Services- The mission of the Health and Medical Services Team is to increase students’ capacity to learn by joining our services in support and cooperation, so comprehensive care is given collectively and consistently to all students.
- Minutes, June 28 meeting
- Membership- The membership team helps recruit and retain valuable members and partnering organizations.